Career overview: Graphic designers create visual concepts, by freehand and computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate audiences. They develop the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines, and corporate reports.
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites.
- Thinking creatively and developing new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Work as part of a team with copywriters, designers, executives etc.
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Working with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies.
- Proven graphic designing experience (minimum 2 years) in a similar field.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Highly proficient in all design aspects with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Professionalism and exercising discipline regarding time, costs and deadlines.